Small group discussions to be held shortly after an event to enable deeper reflection on its content and how we can make use of what we have learned.
- To continue the conversation and discussion after the talk and so continue to engage with the subject
- To share out what the main “take-away” messages were for you.
- To encourage and enable wider sharing of the knowledge gained.
- 4-5 invited participants which includes a Speak Up volunteer who facilitates.
- Recorded – but allow participants to say hello to each other and settle in a little before starting recording.
- Recording goes up on YouTube unless any participant asks for it not to be shown
- Conversational style discussion
- Stick to 3 or 4 questions which each participant answers
- Encourage cross-participant discussion
- When it’s done – stop recording and allow 2-3 mins for everyone to say how they think it went but no prolonged discussion.
- Spirit of the session is positive encouragement of each other to take positive actions to help the environment rather than to critique the delivery style of the speakers.
- What was the biggest “take-away” message for you?
- What are you going to do differently – or are you considering doing differently?
- What more info/help, if any, do you need to get started?
- What other “green” practices do you try/do in this area that you’d like to pass on?